Monday 13 December 2010

New Camera!

Today, I received my new camera, the Olympus OM10. It is a manual SLR. I have been playing around with the functions, something which will take trial and error as I am used to cameras that are largely automatic. Instead of wasting too much film, I will research the functions in downloadable manuals and by watching demonstrations on youtube.
I wanted a manual SLR as I think the images they create are more nostalgic and have a certain charm that automatic cameras lack. It will help me develop skill and knowledge on cameras overall. Also, I wanted to play around with double exposures.
I chose the Olymopus OM10 because I used it for a photography project whilst doing BTEC First Diploma at school. I felt really comfortable using the camera and I was pleased with the results. Before purchasing, I checked numerous reviews of the camera and with everyone I read, they were positive overall. I was lucky enough to find my camera on ebay for only £16, so I grabbed the opportunity to buy it.
Although I am eager to experiment with this camera, I will not be able to take and develop the results before the deadline of this unit. I would have liked to include them in this unit as I feel they would show greater understanding in the subject and continue my journey of experimenting with different cameras and effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment