Wednesday 15 December 2010

Carpaccio Magazine Submission 2

For the submission for Carpaccio Magazine based around the theme of fear, I wanted to use an image I did a few years ago at school that I thought would fit the brief as well as be visually pleasing. When I found the image, I was disappointed with the composition, as her arms take up alot of the frame as opposed to the face. I tried cropping the image but it didn't have the same effect. As I didn't have enough time to recreate the image, i decided to use a completely different image that I did a few months ago.

This is the image I chose to submit to Carpaccio magazine. It was part of my BTEC National Diploma Final Major Project based around the topic of suffocation. I chose this as it could also be read as meaning fear in different ways. For example, it could mean that the figure has a fear of water, small spaces etc. Also, as it is a more recent work, it reflects my current skill better and is closer to my style of work.
I am annoyed that I didn't give enough time to the submission but I had to prioritise my university work, but instead of not submitting anything, I chose to submit some past work as there is a chance it'll be published and noticed by others.

No comments:

Post a Comment