Wednesday 1 December 2010

Disposable Camera Results


After researching Tamara Lichenstein and looking at the Disposable Camera experiment, I was inspired to experiment with disposable cameras myself. These are the results. Overall, I am very disappointed in the results. They have turned out very washed out and some are hard to tell what they are. This could be because I bought an unbranded disposable camera, therefore the quality isn't likely to be as good as a Kodak disposable camera. Below are the images I am generally happy with and feel are the most successful out of all of them. The two on the left were taken using the flash option and have captured more detail in the faces. Even though they aren't necessarily technically good, I really like these images as they are fun and would look great in small magazines such as Oh Comely, who love homely and creative images. The two images on the right were take in a supermarket and because I didn't use flash, they look dull but because there was enough artificial light in the composition, the scene is lit enough to be identifiable. Although it is dull, this creates a more surreal and unsettling look.
Now that I have experimented with disposable cameras and am generally disappointed with the results, I will work more with film SLR cameras in the projects I have given myself and play around with disposable cameras at a later date, remembering to use flash to get better results.



No comments:

Post a Comment