Monday 25 October 2010

Journal Comparison Presentation Reflection

Last Thursday, I presented my findings from the magazine comparison to the rest of the group. Because there were only two other members of the group in attendance, the presentation became very informal.
I again, chose to present using only the magazines as props. This really worked with the amount of people there were in the group because everyone could see the magazines then. Before I presented, I bullet pointed my main points that I wanted to get across in my notebook and had that there as a prompt if I ever stuttered, this became useful on certain occasions when I ran out of things to say. I also bookmarked pages that I wanted to show the rest of the group which had something to do with my main points.
I think my presentation went fairly well but I feel I may have said too much as the presentation felt very long and in places I felt that I was repeating myself. This could do with lack of preparation, as I didn't prepare as much as I did for the other presentations. This had a lot to do with poor time allocation; I didn't balance enough time for this presentation with my other work. In the future, I will make sure I allow enough time to work on bigger projects and be more careful with my time allocation.

No comments:

Post a Comment