Thursday 18 November 2010

Reflective Writing

My tutor has recently looked at my reflective writing to see whether it serves its purpose and is successful. I showed him my first piece I did entitled "Start of my Foundation Degree Journey". As it was my first piece, I established what my strengths and weaknesses were and what I would like to get out of this course. As there was a lot of information to take down, I was fairly vague on what I was writing about and could have gone into more detail. I have also become aware that I have a tendency of not being aware that I am writing reflection within my annotations, again making me write generally without going into detail. To prevent this and improve my quality of writing, I have decided to take a conscious decision to write a in depth piece of reflective writing each week looking back on the happenings of the week and what I plan to do in personal practice.
Each piece I am writing needs to have a clear purpose, so I know why I am writing this and will avoid general writing. In my writing I need to identify an event or incident that can lead to reflection. This could be a technique I have seen or an article. I will then explore this further through artist research and develop my own ideas to help me create my own work and experiments. I can then reflect on the outcomes and whether they were successful and why. I can then attempt the idea again after reflecting on initial results. This technique of structure of writing will help me develop my reflection and in turn help me look at my work in more depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment